OpCenter.VIEW - QuickBooks Desktop Data on the GO!
- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Business
- Updated: 2008-11-03
- Current Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.50 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Opcenter, LLC
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.1 or later
- © 2008 OPCENTER, LLC
Add to Favorite apps
“WHO did WHAT to my $???” Business owners, you can view QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier or Pro data on your iPhone. View all customer contact AND transaction information on the road. See the latest checking, A/R and A/P balances with full drill down. …..
What's New in Version 1.1
Version 1.1 includes:
- Two new reports - Sales by Customer and Payments by Vendor
- Navigation to Customer/Vendor/Account directly from Instrument views
- Reinitialize button removed
- Data width increased to accommodate full QuickBooks data
- Minor bug fixes
- Separate installer for XP and Vista
- 2009 capable
- Wipe your iPhone if lost, restore if found
Rated 1/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Decent app, horrible customer service
Ryan McGovern write:
I had high hopes for this app, but they were dashed in less than 2 weeks. The app functions *mostly* as it is advertised -- namely OpServer is a fairly non-intrusive piece of software which enables your iPhone to pull Quickbooks data.
HOWEVER, here begins my problem - and the problem I believe is indicative of the type of company you're dealing with when you open a subscription with these people. When I bought my subscription, there was a FAQ under the "iPhone" heading on the website which said "I'd like to have my colleagues get OpCenter on his (or her) iPhone to access my company data. Can I have more than one user?" The answer was "That requires a multi-user OpServer, available immediately" at $4.99 per month per user.
So I download the software and the app and prudently test it out (thankfully) before advising my COO and CEO to download the app themselves, but I can't find any means of activating more users. I email the company, and I am told that the app is a "private circuit from my desktop to my iPhone" and that, regarding other users, the company "has another product coming" for $20 per month that does a whole bunch of stuff I don't want (accept credit cards, create transactions, etc.) -- and amazingly doesn't even offer multiple users.
So I email back and I cut/paste the FAQ section which clearly states that a multi-user option is available and ask what the deal is... I received another reply which talked about the $20 per month product and ignored my multi-user question.
So again, I asked for clarification in plain language, "Does your app AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW allow for multiple users at the $4.99 per month as your website states in the FAQ section?". A few days go by without a response -- which is odd, since the strange response to my initial query came within minutes -- so I emailed back and asked if there was an answer. A few MORE days go by without a response, so I decided to peruse the website again and -- lo and behold -- the FAQ regarding the multi-user option has been completely deleted.
So, to recap:
(1) I demo-ed the app on my iPhone for free
(2) I was assured by the website that a multi-user OpServer software was available for $4.99 per user per month
(3) I paid my subscription fee of 3 months in advance and demo-ed the program with my own company files
(4) I found it was impossible to add multiple users despite what the website claimed
(5) When I asked about the discrepancy, my question was deflected and I was told that a new software is coming out "soon" that has a subscription fee that is 4 times as expensive has all kinds of bells and whistles (but not multi-user capability)
(6) When I still tried to seek an answer, I was still deflected to this new product (called OpCenter.CREATE) that will be available "soon", and my question was still ignored
(7) When I tried to follow up again, I was ignored completely and the website was amended to get rid of the issue entirely
Interestingly enough, I emailed the company a few minutes ago to notify them that I had canceled my subscription and to expect a negative review for refusing to address my question, and they replied with this gem of a response:
"I thought I had mentioned (in some detail, too) that we have a future product .CREATE that enables this. Only after it is approved by Apple will it become available!"
Beware of these guys -- wrote this out in such detail in hopes that others won't get duped like I did...
Ridiculous that they don't work with MAC!!!!!
Ernesto Maldonado write:
I can't believe these guys would go through the trouble of developing an application and NOT support Mac! Makes NO sense whatsoever.
SCOTT SEREBOFF write:
This app and this developer deserve a ton of credit. I had installed the app several weeks ago and due to a credit card error (mine) the system stopped working. I assumed the program was bad- after all Quickbooks is a monster program with a zillion quirks- and stopped using OpCenter. Well, the developer CALLED ME to ask why I had stopped using the program. I told him, and he spent the better part of an hour walking me through fixing the system and reinstalling the software. Now itcworks flawlessly and I understand that there are some amazing new functions (accepting checks, adding new customers) coming.
Also for those of you who think it's too expensive- seriously you need to be using Excel to handle your finances. Quickbooks is very expensive, support with Intuit is $39.95 per month, and I paid $300 for a software program that does commissions. OpCenter is $4.99 and I have already told them it should be $9.95 or more. So stop whinging about the price. This software is the best I have seen on iPhone. If you have Quickbooks and you run a business and you'd like to be able to see at a glance the financials you need then $4.99 is a STEAL. If you are seeking a .99 app then you are clearly not really a QB user.
Finally I cannot say enough about Mr. Singh at OpCenter- the service was professional and he genuinely cared about making the system work for me. Great job. I would buy anything I needed from this gentleman.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes